We live in an age when everything is disposable – whether it works or is in a state of disrepair. This is partly due to the fact that many things cost nearly as much to repair than to replace. In that event, you’re left with a tough decision – throw out what you’ve got and buy new or take the chance on replacing the faulty part and hope that it solves the issue.
After an engine failure, car owners are faced with this difficult decision. However, the choice isn’t so difficult once you realize that it is almost always more cost-effective to repair than to replace, especially when it comes to engine trouble.
Here are 5 great reasons to hold onto your car with an engine replacement instead of buying new:
- You can dramatically extend the life of your vehicle, since your new engine should last for as many miles as the factory-installed one.
- New engines come with warranties to protect you in the event of malfunction. You don’t have to worry about spending money on repair only to have to replace it again.
- New cars depreciate quickly, and owners often become upside down on payments. If you repair instead of buying new, you won’t have the fear or wrecking your vehicle and owing more than it’s worth.
- Typically, a new engine will get better gas mileage, so you save at the pump.
- You save money on additional insurance for a newer vehicle, plus you won’t have to pay transfer fees and taxes on a purchase. Really, who wants to pay more taxes?!
When is replacing engines instead of buying new better?
Though for a very small minority buying a new vehicle may be better, most people benefit financially from replacing the engine. As long as your car is in good mechanical shape other than the engine failure, it is better to have a new motor installed. And if you otherwise love your car, it’s a no-brainer. Replacing your engine breathes new life into your otherwise perfectly capable vehicle.
Turn to the car care experts at Deals on Wheels for affordable replacement engines in West Palm Beach.
A reliable auto repair shop will let you know whether your engine can be repaired or needs to be replaced altogether, as well as offer an estimate for a replacement engine. Typically, they cost up to 90% less than the cost of purchasing a new vehicle. How much it costs to replace an engine varies based on your vehicle’s make and model, the warranty you choose, and other factors.
Wouldn’t you rather spend your money on custom wheels or other aftermarket customization instead of investing in a new car with monthly payments? With a warrantied new engine from Deals on Wheels, you will save money, and your car will be running as good as the exciting day you first brought it home. Call us today to schedule an appointment to replace an engine in West Palm Beach at (561) 847-4097.